Pages

Monday 20 July 2020

Italy trip writing task



I went to Italy to see all the ancient places there.I couldn't wait.I had to go now.when I arrived I headed
to the Colosseum. I headed there first because it was built between 72 AD and 80 AD.The Colosseum
consists of stone and concrete.It was constructed by tens and thousands of Jewish slaves under the
rule of the emperor Vespasian.


Next I headed to Pompeii this is famous for its horrible disaster.It was destroyed in 79 CE when a nearby
volcano,mount Vesuvius,erupted covering it in at least 19 feet of ash and other volcanic debris.The city’s
quick burial preserved it for centuries before its ruins were discovered in the late 16 century.

I then headed on to the leaning tower of Pisa. The leaning tower of Pisa has 251 steps and the building
weighs 14,500 tonnes.it was getting built in 1173 and it finished in 1399.The original height was 60 meters
but now it is actually 56.67 meters.you could find hotels and the Italian name is Torre pendente di Pisa. 


The fourth place I went to was Venice canals the grand canal measures two and a half miles long and
sixteen feet deep and anywhere from ninety to three hundred feet across.The grand canal boasts a
whopping 170 houses along its banks.most of which were built between 1200 and 1700.

And the last place I am going to go to is a place where I can buy pizza.As I was walking into the
restaurant It smelt like pizza heaven it was so good I asked for a cheese pizza and it was delicious I took
one bite and I said m,m,m,I love it and then I left so I can go back home to tell my family about my trip in
Italy and I hope they are excited to hear my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.