Pages

Monday 23 November 2020

Camp Bentzon 2020 recount Day 1

 Last week on Tuesday was the day I went to a Year 6 camp called Camp Bentzon for 4 days. All the kids carried bags into buses. The bus ride was an hour and a half long. It was boring because I couldn’t fall asleep.


When we got to the Sandspit we loaded all our stuff onto the ferry and then we had lunch. Everyone had a chance to go to the toilet before we left. Most of the kids were at the top of the ferry and only some kids were at the bottom part of the ferry.


We unloaded our bags and then we hiked up a two hour mountain called killer mountain. It was really hard because (joke) I'm in shape (oval). At the end of the mountain was a beautiful beach. I had really bad luck because I went to sit down on the grass and there were prickles on the grass. My hand was bleeding a little. Next I went 15 steps away and went next to my bag. There were prickles there too.


Everybody went stone skimming because everybody wanted to see who can get the highest amount of skips. My highest was four but one of my friends Aaron did six and some other kids did six as well.


The pain came back because we had to walk all the way back to the campsite. My mum and I plus some other kids had a head start while the rest stayed back. Me and Taimana used sticks to be our walking cane going up the mountain.


Once everyone got back we got to see our cabins. I was with Chaun and Sheldon. Those are my other two friends. After everyone got told to get their togs on if they wanted to go for a swim. I couldn’t because Someone (COUGH COUGH) cut my arm. So I couldn’t get it wet.


After we had dinner. It was chicken with some vegetables and roasted potatoes and some other stuff. We all sat in groups. We couldn't just sit anywhere. There were four different groups: Kawau (my team), Katz (sisters team), Bentzon  and the last Mansion.


Then after dinner we had a movie called the Princess Bride. It was an old movie but we enjoyed watching it, especially the guy with the sword that said “I am inigo montoya you killed my father….prepare to die”. Then we all went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.